The Gallery

Availability: Jan - Dec

Address: Dunfanaghy , Co Donegal
Tel: 0749136224

This attractive two story stone house was built in the 1840's as the fever hospital for Dunfanaghy Workhouse. It closed in 1922. Then from the 1930's to the 1960's it was used as the National School for the Roman Catholic Children of the area. Itís opening in 1968, as 'The Gallery' was the inspiration of Frank Egginton, the well-known landscape artist. Since then his daughter and son-in-law have run it. Situated beside the workhouse on the Falcarragh road, 'The Gallery' is well worth a visit. There is a large selection of original oil and watercolour paintings, antiques and artistís material and a craft shop full of the very best of Irish handcrafts