Please use on-site facilities at your campsite to dispose of camping / caravan waste.
Please do not use public litter bins.
We encourage holiday makers to recycle as much as possible and only dispose of the waste at the designated places, if outside of the camping facilities.
Here is information about the Bring Banks and the Recycling Centres
across County Donegal.
Recycle glass, cans and clothes for free at one of the Bring Bank Locations throughout Donegal.
- All colours of glass bottles mixed together in the same bank are accepted.
- Aluminium cans, steel tins and aerosols can also be placed together in the the can banks.
Click on the image to view the map
At the Recycling Centres there are containers for different recyclable materials. To make your visit easier and quicker please sort your recycling materials before drop off. All items for recycling should be clean. Staff will be happy to help you in any way they can.
There are six Recycling Centres in Donegal operated by Bryson Recycling. To check opening hours visit the Bryson page: www.brysonrecycling.org
Letterkenny Recycling Centre, Carnamuggagh, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. F92EW80
Milford Recycling Centre, Moyle Road, Milford, Co. Donegal. F92KO91
Stranorlar Recycling Centre, Railway Road, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal. F93W296
Carndonagh Recycling Centre, Station Road, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal. F93KV67
Laghey Recycling Centre, Laghey, Co. Donegal. F94HX09
Dungloe Recycling Centre, Udaras na Gaeltachta Industrial Estate, Dungloe, Co. Donegal. F94X452
All sites now accept card payments and facilitate collection of the following:
(must be in a compostable bag or wrapped in newspaper)
- €1 for 0-2kg | €2 for 3-5kg | €4 for 6-10kg
General Waste (Household Waste)
- €5 per bag weighing up to 10kg (An extra €1 is charged for every extra 2.5kg above this)
Recycling - Free of Charge
- Glass bottles & jars, food & drinks cans, aerosols, textiles, lightbulbs, batteries, car batteries, small appliances, large appliances, TVs & monitors, mobile phones, scrap metal, sewing machines.
Recycling - Charges Apply
- Paper, cardboard, cartons, rigid plastic - plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays, soft plastic, used engine oil, cooking oil
For full list of accepted items & to download the information leaflet visit Bryson Recycling website
Black / Grey Water Disposal
Black and Grey water disposal : Use our public motorhome service points or on-site disposal systems at your campsite for black and grey wastewater – please do not use public toilets/sewers/beaches for emptying wastewater as the chemicals are damaging to our environment.
Report an Environmental Matter
To report an environmental matter call the Council on +353 (0)74 91 53900 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on Friday.
Outside of the Council’s office hours or where a member of the public may wish to report an issue directly to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), they can make a report through the National Environmental Complaints Line on 1850 365121 or via the EPA’s “See It? Say It!” smartphone app. These services operate on a 24 hour basis.