06-07 June 2020 - All Ireland & All Nations Sheep Shearing & Wool Championships
The All Ireland & All Nations Sheep Shearing & Wool Handling Competition is the biggest national sheep event in Ireland 2020.
• This event has been running now for a long number of years and will be hosted in Ballyshannon, Donegal for the first time ever.
• The foot fall for over the 2-day event is up to 10,000 to 12,000.
• When last hosted in Donegal (Burt), the Sunday was a sold-out event.
• When hosted in Donegal, there has been an increase of 20% of attendees.
• There will be visitors and competitors from Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and also New Zealand & Australia
WHAT IS IT?
• The All Ireland & All Nations Sheep Shearing & Wool Handling Competition is where 100 – 130 professional shearers, across 15 categories in male & female
sections, battle it out in their classes to ultimately become the All Ireland Sheep Shearing Champion.
• There will be trade stands to rent for local entrepreneurs to showcase their produce and goods.
• The 2-day event will see the running of an Animal Health Village and a Food Village which will be promoting the best of Donegal lamb
and other local produce.
• Celebrity chefs, including Brian Mc Dermott, will be attending this event.
• The Saturday night will see the attraction of a Speed Shear event followed by music in a marquee.
• Over the course of the 2 days, there will be plenty of fun filled family activities to cater for the whole family.
WHERE IS IT?
• This event i s being hosted in collaboration with Castle Open Farm & Aodh Ruadh CLG and will be held in the local GAA pitch – Fr Tierney Park.
• The pitch is located on the Rock, central to the town of Ballyshannon.
The event will bring a major financial boost to not only Ballyshannon but to the wider area and help promote Donegal in another light.
With the option of hosting the event in 2021 and 2022, it is a major attraction to the North West.
More info to follow