Fintra (Fionntrá) Beach is located on the South West Coast of the Donegal, approximately 3 km from Killybegs.
The wide, rural beach of Fintra Bay is set amongst stunning scenery a short drive from the fishing port of Killybegs on County Donegal’s south-west coast. It is approached by a steep road down to it which offers fabulous vistas of both the beach and Donegal Bay as far as Benbulben mountain in County Sligo. The sandy beach is backed by dunes and grassy hills and provides a vast open space perfect for getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
In summer this makes a good destination for a family day out with plenty of opportunity to play beach games, build sandcastles and splash around in the waves.
At the furthest end of the beach from the car park is a lagoon area with shallow waters and lovely views.
The beach is accessed via a steep, narrow road. The one car park here can fill up quite early on in the day during the peak holiday season.
The car park beside the beach and a few stone steps leading down to the beach.
Beach Lifeguards Lifeguards will be on duty on this beach - from June until September.
Hours of Work: 12.00pm - 18.30pm
Emergency Contact Number: Dial 999
Flags: Red/Yellow Flag - It is safe to swim and lifeguards are on duty. Swim between the flags. Red Flag - High Hazard. It is dangerous to enter the water. Lifeguards are on duty. No Flag - No Lifeguards on duty.
All beach users are asked to take care when at the beach, and in particular:
• Never swim alone - Or surf, dive or sail unless there is someone with you.
• Always engage in water activities with family or friends.
• Tell someone when you will be back.
• Note Locations of Life Saving Equipment - Before entering the water familiarize yourself with the location of lifebuoys.
• Report Missing or Damaged Lifesaving Equipment - If you find that lifebuoys are missing or vandalized, please contact the Blue Flag Co-ordinator, Donegal County Council, Central Laboratory, The Kube, Magheranan, Letterkenny. (074) 91 22787 or (074) 91 76276. Email - email@example.com
Check out also: www.blueflagireland.org