Stroove (An tSrúibh) Blue Flag Beach
The lovely Stroove Beach is located on the east coast of the Inishowen peninsula a few miles north of the village of Greencastle, north county Donegal, Ireland. It is located off the R238 road and is adjacent to two Lighthouses. It is a relatively small beach and is located close to the North Inishowen Natural Heritage Area.
A great beach for a family picnic or a brisk walk on the Inishowen Head Walk. Stroove beach operates the An Taisce `Pack it in Pack it out` programme, the ethos of the programme is to “Leave no Trace” so beach users are asked to take their rubbish home with them and dispose of it in a responsible manner. Under the PII PIO programme Donegal County Council does not provide litter bins or recycling facilities at this beach.
Please help us to keep Stroove Beach clean and tidy by taking your rubbish home with you.
Beach Lifeguards Lifeguards will be on duty on this beach - from June until September.
Hours of Work: 12.00pm - 18.30pm
Emergency Contact Number: Dial 999
Flags: Red/Yellow Flag - It is safe to swim and lifeguards are on duty. Swim between the flags. Red Flag - High Hazard. It is dangerous to enter the water. Lifeguards are on duty. No Flag - No Lifeguards on duty.
All beach users are asked to take care when at the beach, and in particular:
• Never swim alone - Or surf, dive or sail unless there is someone with you.
• Always engage in water activities with family or friends.
• Tell someone when you will be back.
• Note Locations of Life Saving Equipment - Before entering the water familiarize yourself with the location of lifebuoys.
• Report Missing or Damaged Lifesaving Equipment - If you find that lifebuoys are missing or vandalized, please contact the Blue Flag Co-ordinator, Donegal County Council, Central Laboratory, The Kube, Magheranan, Letterkenny. (074) 91 22787 or (074) 91 76276. Email - email@example.com
Check out also: www.blueflagireland.org